Advanced Bit & Bridle Fitter Course
EvoEquine Advanced Bit & Bridle Fitter Course
Want to improve your knowledge on bridle and bit fitting and start up a new career in the Equine sector? EvoEquine has an approved Advanced Bit Bridle Fitters Course supported by Lantra and Uk Rural Skills (UKRS).
We are not only market leaders in supplying and manufacturing custom tack to ensure the horse is as comfortable as possible in his bridle, we are now offering inspiring educational courses to help support you in your new journey. With EvoEquines founder being a fully qualified cert ed teacher and verifier with vast years of educational teaching you can experience learning in a supportive environment that mets a wide range of learning styles.
On this course you will cover theory units at home to read and learn around your other commitments. This offers flexibility around your learning. An assignment is then due to monitor your understanding and any additional support that maybe required prior to the practical training day. This ensures you get the most out of your training so you are fully prepared in the bridle / bit fitter role.
Once the assignment has been marked by your allocated tutor you will be offered a range of dates to choose from to book your hands on practical day. This day is very exciting and involves a teacher lead class workshop and hands on fitting and feeling bridles and bits. This is where your prior learning is applied and enhanced even further into practice.
You can ask your tutor as many questions as you require as our aim is to support you every step of the way. During the course you will cover the below:
Theory sessions Will be covering:
- The Horse’s Head – a Veterinarian’s Perspective
- Successful Lorinery Selection
- Bridle Materials / Quality and Safety
- Measuring and Fitting Bridles and Bits
- Customer Relations and Record Keeping
- Anatomical bridles
- Padding and the bennifits
- Nose bands and there uses
- Other factors that effect the horses way of going
- Head shaking and its possible triggers from a bridle fit
- Bit-less bridles
- Leather tanning methods
- How to Market your new career
- Becoming a Bridle/Bit fitter in the industry
On your practical day (to be confirmed) you will have work stations covering every aspect of bridle fitting and Exploring bit fitting and assessing actions / placment. You will learn how practicley too:
- Bridles and Fitting Nosebands – looking at and discussing specialist bridles, fitting a selection of nosebands and the influence of the noseband on the horse and its anatomy
- Bit Fitting and Action –An awareness of the importance of bitting and its effect when fitting a bridle.
- Double Bridle Fitting – to include observation of the mouth, component parts, correct fitting, showing incorrect sizing, correct fitting of and reasons for the curb chain and lipstrap, customer needs and opinions.
- Measuring – will cover measuring for a bespoke bridle and to achieve the correct fit.
- Testing and using a wide range of headpieces and their individual benefits to the horse.
- Trouble shooting
Following your training day you will be required to produce two case studies on horses of your choice and submit to your tutor for marking. If required your tutor will help guide you to complete the case study if additional study is required. This is built into your course payment and no additional payment is required. On successful completion of the elements you will then receive the recognised certification for insurance and to start your new career.
You can choose to have your study recognised by one or two recognised body's. This is completely up to you but once we have registered you we cannot amend this. EvoEquines aim is to provide you with a fun, supported learning environment. Your personal tutor is there to guide you as required every-step of the way. All tutors are industry experts and experienced. They have been specially selected for their passion and approachability.
Following the completion of your course you can join our Bridle/ Bit fitter register to assess clients looking for fitters in your area. This can be as an independt fitter or as an Evoequine approved fitter. This will give you access to a reduced purchase price and the abilty to charge £50-60 per fitting.
Course Pre Requisite Qualifications: To enrole on this course we require you to have completed the Introduction to Bit and Bridle fitting course we run. This course is delivered purely online. You can enrol on both courses at the same time but the Introduction course must be completed prior to your assignment on the EvoEquine Advanced Bit and Bridle Fitters Course.
Once you have made the payment for the course you will receive a welcome email from your tutor within 48 hours during Monday-Friday.
*Practical day area: The delivery of the practical day will be in a five mile radius of BS37 6LY. Delivery Times 9.30am-5pm. We have a list of recommended B&B's if required. Light refreshments will be provided.
*Once you have been enroled on the course, it is not able to be transfured or refunded.